Teleworking and prevention measures to protect our employees
In addition to working to secure the power supply and serve our customers during the Covid-19 situation, we are taking the necessary steps to protect the health of our employees.
One of our priorities during the health crisis due to the new coronavirus is protecting the health of the people who work for the company. This is why we have taken the necessary measures to promote teleworking in all the countries we operate in and to provide the necessary protection measures to all the people who continue to work in their usual positions as they are considered critical or essential personnel in performing our activity.
As the lockdown measures decreed by the Government become more flexible, we will be able to resume some of our usual activities in person. In order for this return to work to be carried out safely, we are implementing measures such as conducting immunological tests, measuring temperature, dividing up buildings and work centres, delimiting and defining new uses for common spaces, making starting and finishing times more flexible or delivering protection kits with the mandatory use of masks.
These actions come on top of the package of measures that we have put in place since the beginning of the health emergency to prevent the spread of the virus among our employees and among society in general:
- Restricting national and international travel and encouraging all employees to redefine their work patterns, e.g. making use of digital technologies and holding virtual meetings.
- Suspending training courses, corporate events and participation in external conferences and events, except where necessary to ensure our operation as a company.
- Increasing cleanliness at all facilities
- Supplying additional personal protective equipment (such as masks, gloves, hand sanitiser) for people and work sites that require it, depending on the type of work carried out.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with our workers so that they all have up-to-date information on all the health and safety statements and recommendations issued by the health authorities.
- Establishing an internal procedure to make it easy for any workers with flu-like or respiratory symptoms to notify us immediately.
- Restricting external visits to our work locations.
- Informing our contractors and suppliers of the measures we have adopted to minimise exposure to the coronavirus, calling upon their responsibility as employers to urge them to implement all necessary measures to guarantee the safety of their own workforces.