1. The entity in charge of processing your personal data
The entity in charge of processing your personal data is Endesa Energía, S.A.U. ("Endesa Energía") with Spanish tax identification number (CIF) A81948077. The contact details for the responsible entity are as follows:
- Postal address: Calle Ribera del Loira, 60. 28042-Madrid, Spain.
- Telephone: 800 760 909.
2. Purpose and Processing
Endesa Energía carries out different types of personal data processing.
Your data will be processed for the purpose of managing the provision of energy supply and/or, where appropriate, other services or products contracted in the field of energy activity. If any of these products or services involves instalment payments or provision of a periodic invoicing, prior to the contract being approved we may conduct credit and solvency checks as we deem appropriate to assess your financial solvency. The result of said check could, if applicable, condition the entering into force of the Contract. In addition, in the event of a non-payment, Endesa Energía will be able to report your data to said databases, always complying with the guarantees set forth in the legislation in force.
If, after starting the online signing up process and having submitted your personal data, the process fails to finish, you will be sent up to two email reminders containing the support or help you need to successfully complete the signing up process you previously initiated.
Additionally, your data may be processed for the purpose of providing infoEnergía, an energy advising service, for you, using the compilation of overall consumption that we receive daily as a reference to issue your electricity invoices and the data that you may have provided whilst filling out the profile. Thus, we compare the power consumption of your home with that of homes that may have similar consumption habits to yours and that are in your geographical area.
Finally, Endesa Energía may process your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation incumbent upon it, specifically, obligations relating to regulation of the energy market or market regulations, among others.
Other processing of your personal data that does not correspond to the need to implement the contract or comply with a legal obligation may also be undertaken, and you may oppose such processing.
Provided you have not objected to it through the channels enabled for this purpose, you may receive, by any channel of communication (including, among others, email, SMS and telephone calls), information about products or services offered by Endesa Energía in the field of energy activity that may be of interest to you. To obtain this information, your personal data may be analysed in order to develop a profile that enables the commercial messages to best match your needs and preferences. In this analysis, your demographic data and data on other company products that you may have used may be taken into account. In any event, you will only receive sales messages by non-electronic means while you remain a customer of Endesa Energía.
Additionally, provided you have given your consent, you may receive via any means of communication (including, among others, email, text messages and telephone calls), information about other products or services offered by Endesa Energía or third parties relating to energy, the home, insurance, automotive, financial services and leisure. To obtain this information, your personal data may be analysed in order to develop a profile that enables the commercial messages to best match your needs and preferences. In this analysis, your demographic data and data on other company products that you may have used may be taken into account. In any case, you may only receive commercial messages about products and services not related to those contracted as long as you do not withdraw the consent provided.
Web Service Management
In addition, as long as you continue to be registered, your personal data may be processed for the purpose of managing the user service(s) on the web.
If you activated the “electronic billing service”, your email address will be processed for remittance thereof.
Processing of email address
If you provided your email address, it will be processed as the preferred means for sending any type of communication relating to the contractual relationship.
Retention period for personal data
Customers’ personal data will be retained as long as they are necessary for the provision of the services included in the contract. As soon as it is no longer required for this purpose, the data will be blocked for the period during which they may be needed for use or defence in administrative or judicial procedures and may only be released and reprocessed for this purpose. Once this period has come to an end, the data will be permanently deleted.
3. Recipients of your Personal Data
Your personal data may be transferred to public agencies, authorities and governmental bodies, including courts and tribunals, when required by the applicable legislation.
Your personal data may also be accessed by any service providers that Endesa Energía contracts or hires that have the status of data processors. In addition, some of these data processors may be located in the United States or outside the European Economic Area. In particular, your data may be accessed by service providers located in: India, Colombia, Peru and the United States.
Endesa Energía has legal authorisation to carry out this type of transfer, as it has been authorised for all such transfers by the Director of the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Additionally, if you have specifically given your consent, your data may be given to companies belonging to the Endesa Group and to third party companies relating to energy, the home, insurance, automotive, financial services and leisure, so that they may contact you to inform you about products and services that these companies market.
Your personal data may also be transmitted to credit institutions with the necessary safeguards and for the sole purpose of carrying out factoring operations (partial or total advance credits assigned to financial entities).
You can consult the list of Endesa Group companies at the following link: https://www.endesa.com/en/about-endesa/who-we-are/subsidiaries.html.
4. Legal Basis for Processing and Transferring Personal Data
- As has already been indicated, the legal basis for the implementation of the intentions included in the previous section as "mandatory procedures" shall be the execution of the contract or application of contractual measures, as well as the fulfilment of any applicable legal obligations. This does not apply to those procedures carried out to assess your financial solvency, the acceptance of customers or, where appropriate, the transmission of data to credit information systems, whose legal basis shall be the legitimate interest of Endesa Energía. Therefore, the refusal to provide the requested personal data, or the provision of inaccurate or incomplete data, may result in Endesa Energía being unable to provide the services you have contracted in the appropriate manner. Users are responsible for the truthfulness of the data they provide, as well as for notifying Endesa Energía of any future changes to them.
- The legal basis for carrying out processing for the purpose of sending sales messages about products or services offered by Endesa Energía in the field of energy activity will be Endesa Energía’s legitimate interest. For this reason, you may oppose this processing at any time through the channels provided. You will find the information needed to exercise your right of opposition in Section 6 below, "Rights of the Interested Party in Relation to the Processing of his/her Personal Data".
- Processing carried out for the purpose of sending commercial messages regarding other products or services offered by Endesa Energía, any company belonging to the Endesa Group or third parties relating to energy, the home, insurance, automotive, financial services and leisure shall have the consent you have given as the legal basis. Therefore, as long as you do not withdraw your consent, you may continue to receive such messages.
- Transfer of your data to companies belonging to the Endesa Group and to third-party companies relating to energy, the home, insurance, automotive, financial services and leisure shall have the consent you have given as the legal basis. Therefore, as long as you do not withdraw your consent, you may continue to receive such messages.
- The legal basis for transmitting personal data to credit institutions for the sole purpose of carrying out factoring transactions (partial or total sale of receivables to private financial institutions) will be Endesa Energía’s legitimate interest in maintaining an efficient business management model.
- The legal basis for processing personal data associated with web user management and, where applicable, processing your email to send you the digital invoice is the consent provided by you in each case.
- The legal basis for processing your email address as the preferred means for sending communications relating to the contractual relationship is the implementation of the contract.
The use of the services offered by Endesa Energía will never be subject to you providing the requested consent. In any case, we remind you that if you have given your consent you have the right to withdraw it at any time without having any consequence on the services or the products you have contracted or of which you are the beneficiary. You will find the information needed to exercise your right to withdraw consent in Section 6 below, “Rights of the Interested Party in relation to the Processing of Personal Data”.
5. Security Measures
In order to make its data protection policy effective and efficient, Endesa Energía has adopted the security measures of a technical and organisational nature necessary to avoid the alteration, loss, misuse, unauthorised processing and access or theft of the same, taking into account the current state of technology.
6. Rights of the Persons Concerned in Relation to the Processing of their Personal Data
You will be able to exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, limitation of processing and transferability of data in the cases and within the scope established by applicable legislation at any time.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent if you have given it, and to object to receiving sales messages.
To exercise these rights, you may contact Endesa Energía by one of the following channels:
- By sending a written request by post, attaching a photocopy of your national identity document, passport or any other identification document to Apartado Postal 1128, 41080 – Sevilla, Spain, for the attention of: Endesa Operations and Commercial Services.
- By sending an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your first name and surname, address for the purposes of notifications, a photocopy of your national identity card, passport or other identity document, and your written request.
You are also informed of your right to file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
7. Source of Data
The personal data that are subject to processing by Endesa Energía are those provided by you for the provision of energy supply and/or maintenance services as well as your consumption habits in order to provide the infoEnergía service. Sometimes these data can be enriched with sources of specific information about the Spanish energy market.
8. Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions regarding the purposes of processing your personal data or its legal basis, you may contact the Data Protection Officer.
If you have any questions regarding the purposes of processing your personal data or its legal basis, you may contact the Data Protection Officer. email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org.