How to register your gas supply
Whether it is for a premises or for a home, if you do not have an existing gas supply, you will need to register for one. This situation can occur not only in new houses or premises but also in places where, for some reason, the supply was cut off and it has not been re-registered.
To request registration, the first thing you have to take into account is the circumstances of the home or premises in question.
Is it a new build in which there has never been a supply? Or is it an existing property that may have had a supply, but one that was cancelled? It is also possible that what you need is to Change Title Holder.
It is very important that you do not confuse registering with changing marketer since registrations are only needed when there was no previous supply.
You must be sure of your circumstances since the associated costs will be different.
Changing marketer involves changing from one company to another and it is a quick procedure, during which you will not be without gas for one moment.
On the other hand, to register a supply you have to have more information and assume some costs.
Documents necessary to register for a gas supply:
For gas supplies you must:
- Have completed the interior installation of your building or home and have the boiler, heater, etc. installed.
- Have connected the feed (the pipe that connects the distribution company's installation with your interior installation). If you have not done this, you must request it in advance from the distributor in your area.
- Get the GIC: Gas[PSM(M1] Installation Certificate.
- Have a CUPS number: If you currently do not have a CUPS number you have to request it from your distribution company. You do not know what this is? We explain what CUPS is and how to find it.
- Provide the name and DNI/NIE number of the person who will be the title holder.
- Provide contact details (phone, email, etc.).
- Assign a bank account for the direct debit, although you can decide to change it later for another, completely online.
How much does it cost to register for a new electricity supply?
In the case of gas, you have to pay regulatory fees that vary depending on what you are going to consume and the autonomous community you are located in. The costs of your interior installation or your equipment are not included in this, they will depend on the installer who installs them for you and/or sells it. The installer's prices are unregulated, so they can vary greatly depending on your choice.
Registration costs for a new supply
Differences between gas distributor, installer and marketer
In the gas market there are various types of companies you will have to contact when registering a new supply.
- Distributor: This is the company that manages the gas distribution network (the pipes). It installs the meter for you and reads it when necessary. A different distributor operates in each area and you cannot change distributor because the network is fixed. The distributor will depend, therefore, on your area or region.
- Installer: This is the company that fits the interior installation in your building or home, installs the boiler, and certifies that this installation can be connected to the general network through a document called a bulletin.
- Marketer: This is the company you sign the contract for the supply with and buy the gas from and that bills you for it. You can change marketer, if you want, at any time.
- Maintainer: This is the company that reviews your interior installation every year, as well as your boiler and assists you in the event of a breakdown. Sometimes it may be the same company as the marketer that offers you that service.
How to register for a gas supply with Endesa
Changing company is very simple and you won't have to worry about anything, we will take care of all the paperwork.
If you need to register a new gas supply with Endesa, you must provide us with:
- CUPS code.
- Address where you want to register the new energy supply.
- Personal details such as the name and surname of the contract title holder.
- Bank account used to pay the direct debit.
- Gas Installation Certificate.
Advantages of contracting your gas supply with Endesa
At Endesa we always put ourselves in your place and think about how to help you and provide you with the maximum information on your rate and consumption. In this way you can save on your bill and adapt your lifestyle to your expenses.
We put at your disposal:
- Different tariffs for you to choose the one you want. If you wish, we can advise you to help you choose the one that best suits your way of consuming.
- Tariffs with fixed prices, to gain peace of mind and avoid fluctuations in the price of gas.
- Additional discounts for also contracting your electricity from Endesa. We also offer a maintenance service, electronic invoicing and many other advantages for customers.
- Maintenance services so that you keep your installation in optimal condition and receive urgent attention if you need it.
And, if you change your mind and want to change your tariff, you can do so whenever you want, choosing from all those that we have available.