How to register your electricity supply
If you do not have a power or gas supply, you need to activate an account. This situation usually occurs in new homes or places where the supply was cut for whatever reason.
Before doing anything, the first thing you need to be clear on is why you would need to request a new registration to begin with. New registrations must be requested under the following circumstances:
- New build in which there has never been a prior electricity or gas supply.
- Existing housing or premises where there has been a supply in the past, but it has since been disconnected.
It is very important that you not confuse registering an account with switching energy suppliers. Registration is only necessary when there is no existing supply. Switching energy suppliers means simply going from one supplier to another. It is a quick procedure and there won't be any interruption to the electricity or gas supply at any time.
- If there is already a power or gas supply in your home, there is no need to request an activation, but you can change your tariff or supplier for free. We explain here how to change suppliers.
- If you are already with Endesa and you want to change your energy tariff, find the energy that best suits you.
What documentation do you need to register an energy supply connection?
During the process of registering for an electricity or gas supply, we will ask you for the following documentation:
An employee from your distribution company will go to your home or premises to activate your energy supply. For an electricity supply, a Power Control Switch (ICP) will be installed, which is responsible for regulating the chosen power rating.
How much does it cost to activate a power or gas supply?
Registering a power or gas supply involves some costs that are the same everywhere, regardless of the distributor.
In addition to the following, there may be other costs related to equipment installation, deposits and fees. In all cases, these amounts go to the distributor, but are paid in the first invoice you receive (sent by the energy supplier):
Registration costs for a new supply
What if I need a new connection?
If there is no power or gas supply in your home or premises and you need to install one so that energy reaches it, you must request to be connected and then your energy distribution company will proceed.
The distributor's role is to get the energy to your home or premises. You cannot choose the distributor and you have one per zone. You are, however, always free to choose your energy supplier, which is the company with which you have a contract and the one that sends you the bills.
For electrical power, check which distributor covers each region below:
Although there are variations, especially between neighbouring areas, electricity distribution companies generally handle the following areas:
- e-distribución Catalonia, Aragon, Andalusia, the Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands and much of the province of Badajoz, as well as the eastern half of the province of Soria and specific parts in the provinces of Murcia, Albacete, Ciudad Real, Cáceres, A Coruña, Orense and León .
- i-DE Basque Country, Navarre, La Rioja, Castilla y León except for Segovia province and the west of the province of León, Madrid, except the south of the region, the province of Cáceres, the west of Toledo province, the north of Guadalajara province, Valencia region and Murcia.
- UFD Galicia, the west of León province, Segovia province, the south of Madrid region, Ciudad Real province, Cuenca province, most of Toledo province and the south of Guadalajara province.
- E-REDES Asturias
- Viesgo Distribución Cantabria and some areas of southern and western Asturias.
There are also other smaller distributors. Here you can consult a complete list of electrical distributors.
How to register your electricity supply with Endesa
If your home or premises is located in one of the autonomous regions and provinces whose distributor is e-Distribution, we give you the option of activating the connection to the distribution network and registering the electricity contract with us at the same time.
Does your area belong to another distributor? Don't worry, we are trying hard and soon we will offer the same service (registration + contract) in the areas of the other distributors.
Once you fill in the registration form, we will proceed to request your connection to the distribution network. When everything is ready, we can contact you to confirm that everything is in order and formalise the contract.
The One Luz tariff will be applied , without commitment to stay and with a very competitive price. If you then want to switch to another tariff, you can easily do so without any problems or penalties.
You can check the conditions of this tariff:
- One Luz 2.0DHA (for power ratings equal to or less than 10 kW).
- One Luz 2.1DHA (for power ratings greater than 10 kW and equal to or less than 15 kW).
Find out more about the general contracting conditions, including the digital invoicing conditions, an essential requirement for contracting the One tariff.