At Endesa, we consider environmental excellence to be an essential value of our business culture. With this in mind, we operate in a way that respects the environment and following principles of sustainable development. We are also firmly committed to conservation and the sustainable use of the resources we use. This commitment also extends to our suppliers, who are required to implement environmental policies based on these same principles, and that provide coverage to all of the processes throughout our value chain (supplying raw materials, manufacturing processes, logistics, etc.).
ENDESA’s environmental policy
Generación Iberia Health, Safety, Quality and Environment Policy (Spanish version)
Environmental Policy of Endesa Distribution (Spanish version)
Quality and Environmental Policy of Port Terminals (Spanish version)
Quality, Safety and Environmental Policy of Enel Green Power
- 100% of the power installed in Spain and Portugal is certified by standard ISO 14001, in addition to all port terminals and mining exploitations.
- 100% of the transformation and distribution activities in Spain are certified with ISO 14001.
- 11 corporate headquarters and office buildings have a triple certification system (SIGAEC): Environmental Management (ISO 14001), Energy Efficiency Management (ISO 50001) and Indoor Environmental Quality (UNE 171330-3). At certified branches, there is a total of 5,340 employees that represent 72% of the work force, covering 61% of the total office floor area.
- 78.3% of the installed net power or capacity of all Endesa thermal power plants is produced in plants registered with the European Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (‘EMAS’).
- 100% of the port terminals are registered in EMAS.
Certificado ISO 14001 de e-distribución
Certificado ISO 14001 - Endesa Generación térmica
Certificado ISO 14001 - Enel Generación térmica
Certificado ISO 14001 - Gas y electricidad generación
Certificado ISO 14001 - UNELCO
Certificado Multisite ISO 14001 Terminales Portuarias
Certificado ISO 14001 de Enel Green Power
Certificado ISO 14001 de Endesa Generación
Certificado ISO 50001 - Servicios Iberia
Certificado ISO 14001 - Servicios Iberia
Certificado UNE_171330 - Servicios Iberia
At Endesa, we have measured our environmental footprint, a multi-criteria tool that allows defining, evaluating and comparing the company’s environmental performance based on a life-cycle analysis: that is, taking into account the raw materials from their extraction and transport to waste management and product management, once their useful life is over.
The goal is to provide a single environmental performance indicator that allows:
- Reflecting the overall impact on the different resources and by the different businesses.
- Comparing businesses, technologies and installations with different impacts under homogeneous and unified criteria.
- Identifying areas of environmental improvement and optimising the processes throughout the supply chain.
- Analysing the evolution and improvements achieved.
With this tool, we also want to align ourselves with the new European and global environmental policies and trends: ISO 14001:2015, ACV and the circular economy.
During 2018, only one environmental incident has been recorded, with an associated fine of 100,000 €. The legal procedure has only been initiated.