What are voltage inverters?
To find out the function of these apparatuses, you must know that continuous current, as its very name indicates, has a regular flow that goes in one single direction.
On the contrary, the power and direction of alternate current constantly changes with various intervals of peaks and valleys.
Voltage inverters smoothly and constantly change the direction of the continuous current, and convert it into alternate current. Why? So that it is useful for you, given that most home appliances need alternate current to function.
In addition, our refrigerators, dishwashers, alarm clocks, etc. require a specific and well-regulated voltage. With alternate current, it is much more simple to modify its flow and voltage.
Types of solar panels
- Monocrystalline: they are comprised of monocrystalline cells. They are very recognisable for their intense black colour and trimmed corners. They are 15-25% more efficient than the other models. In addition, their useful life is longer, given that they can last up to 25 years.
- Polycrystalline: they are comprised of polycrystalline cells. These have a dark blue colour. They are cheaper but also less effective, although currently, it has been possible to reduce their losses due to reflection and improve their collection of light.
- Thin layer: this model is different than the previous ones. It is not the combination of several individual cells, but a custom-cut sheet. Its manufacture is more simple, which explains its low price. They are very flexible and can be adapted to all types of surfaces, and so they are increasingly being used in homes.
Go green, switch to Supervalley
Solar energy helps planet Earth. Do you? If you want to collaborate, we recommend you switch to the Supervalley Green Time rate the ecological rate with 100% energy coming from renewable sources.
With Supervalley Green Time, you’ll enjoy three different schedules to consume your energy:
- Peak: from 1:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. During this time, it is best to concentrate on low consumption, like watching television or working on the computer.
- Valley: from 7:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and from 11:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. This is the ideal time to run the washing machine and dishwasher, use the vacuum and take advantage of the low price of electricity.
- Supervalley: from 1:00 a.m. until 7:00 a.m. Supereconomic hours for recharging your electric car and maximising your savings.
As a gift, we are offering a 5% discount on power and also on consumption. Forever.
No fixed contracts, no worries. Go green, save, understand.