The continuous improvement of working conditions and the protection of occupational health and safety are fundamental values of our business culture. We have therefore made the following commitments:
- We are committed to knowing the nature and magnitude of the risks, identifying the hazards and evaluating and controlling the risks.
- We are committed to acting by adopting professional and personal behaviour that respects current legislation, contractual obligations and our rules and procedures, making sure that we respond to the ideas, interests and concerns of the community, both customers and the general public.
- We are committed to the continuous improvement of working conditions and implement programmes to prevent harm to and the deterioration of health that involve all employees, contractors and suppliers.
- We are committed to informing our workers of all aspects that could compromise the safety and health of people as a result of our activities. We are also committed to training them properly so that they can work safely and to consulting them and involving them through their representatives.
- We are committed to guaranteeing our contractors levels of protection equivalent to those we provide to our employees. We are also committed to ensuring them the training and information they need to perform their duties properly.
- We are committed to the continuous improvement of all our areas of activity to ensure that quality products, services and facilities are made available to our customers.
- We are committed to ensuring that the ideas, interests and concerns of the public and the community regarding issues could affect their health and safety are considered when making business decisions so as to minimise their effects.
Our policy constitutes the frame of reference for setting and measuring the company’s objectives for occupational health and safety.
All Endesa employees are active agents and are responsible for the implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Policy and the fulfilment of their aspirations.
The scope of these objectives includes all those who work for Endesa, with no distinction as to whether they are our own employees or employees of the partner companies that help us in our work.
Actions taken in 2019
The main actions carried out in 2019 focused on the basic pillars of preventive activity, among others:
- Conducting surveillance and control through activity inspections.
- Properly identifying and managing all risks, with special attention to psychosocial risks.
- Detecting aspects of our activities or equipment/facilities that can be improved.
- Analysing and publicising any incident, even if it does not cause personal damage, through increasingly digital channels.
- Applying technological development, innovation and improvements to equipment and work procedures.
- Promoting a culture of health and safety among our workers by developing messages and preventive content and including them in regular campaigns, workshops and awareness-raising workshops.
- Continuing the work already started with partner companies through regular evaluations.
- Investing in improving preventive training and applying the latest methodologies.