The continuous improvement of working conditions and the protection of occupational health and safety are fundamental values of our business culture. We have therefore made the following commitments:
- We are committed to knowing the nature and magnitude of the risks, identifying the hazards and evaluating and controlling the risks.
- We are committed to acting by adopting professional and personal behaviour that respects current legislation, contractual obligations and our rules and procedures, making sure that we respond to the ideas, interests and concerns of the community, both customers and the general public.
- We are committed to the continuous improvement of working conditions and implement programmes to prevent harm to and the deterioration of health that involve all employees, contractors and suppliers.
- We are committed to informing our workers of all aspects that could compromise the safety and health of people as a result of our activities. We are also committed to training them properly so that they can work safely and to consulting them and involving them through their representatives.
- We are committed to guaranteeing our contractors levels of protection equivalent to those we provide to our employees. We are also committed to ensuring them the training and information they need to perform their duties properly.
- We are committed to the continuous improvement of all our areas of activity to ensure that quality products, services and facilities are made available to our customers.
- We are committed to ensuring that the ideas, interests and concerns of the public and the community regarding issues could affect their health and safety are considered when making business decisions so as to minimise their effects.
Our policy constitutes the frame of reference for setting and measuring the company’s objectives for occupational health and safety.
All Endesa employees are active agents and are responsible for the implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Policy and the fulfilment of their aspirations.
The scope of these objectives includes all those who work for Endesa, with no distinction as to whether they are our own employees or employees of the partner companies that help us in our work.
Actions undertaken in 2020
The key initiatives undertaken in 2020 were focused on basic pillars of occupational health and safety and included:
- Monitoring and control through inspections of activity.
- Appropriate identification and management of all risks, with a particular focus on psychosocial risks.
- Detection of improvable aspects of activity and of equipment and facilities.
- Analysis and dissemination of any incident, even if it does not cause personal injury, through increasingly digital channels.
- Technological development, innovation and the implementation of improvements in equipment and work procedures.
- The dissemination among the workforce of a health and safety culture, developing and integrating OHS messages and content through regular campaigns, conferences and awareness workshops.
- Continuation of the work already begun with the company's partners through regular assessments.
- Investment in the improvement of preventive training, applying the most innovative available methodologies.