(1) Without own consumption for electricity generation.
- In 1H 2018, electricity demand in the Spanish mainland system increased by 1.2%, or 1.1% adjusted for working days and temperature.
- Renewable generation in the period met 42.1% of total mainland electricity demand in Spain, up from 36.7% in 1H 2017.
- Endesa's production was down 7%. This drop is attributable, as previously noted, to the sharp increase in overall hydro generation in the Spanish electricity system in the first half of the year, resulting in a decrease in output from Endesa's thermal power plants.
-CO2 emissions-free technologies (hydro, wind, solar and nuclear) represented 55% of Endesa's mainland generation mix in 1H 2018, up from 48% in 1H 2017.
-Endesa's production in Non-Mainland Territories (NMT) was 6,160 GWh (-2.3%).
- Overall, in the first half of 2018, Endesa reached a 21% market share in mainland generation, 43% in distribution and 33.8% in sales to free market customers, underscoring its status as the leader of the Spanish electricity market.
- The company's free market customer base stood at 5,668,962 at the end of 1H 2018, a 1.4% increase from December 31st, 2017.
- In the first six months of 2018, gas sales in the country increased by 7.7% year-on-year.
- As of June 30th, 2018, Endesa's market share in gas sales to free market customers stood at 16.2%.
ENDESA, S.A.'s General Shareholders' Meeting as of April 23rd, 2018 resolved to pay shareholders a total gross dividend of 1.382 euros per share on 2017 net income, for a total of 1,463 million euros, which matches Endesa's consolidated net income last year.
Considering the gross interim dividend of 0.7 euros per share (741 million euros) paid on January 2nd, 2018, the final dividend charged against 2017 net income was 0.682 euros per share, gross (722 million euros), which was paid on July 2nd, 2018.