The most common air conditioner breakdowns
There are several particularly frequent breakdowns that are hard to see coming. They simply occur and leave you to fend for yourself against the heat:
- The air conditioner doesn’t cool down: the king of all problems. No matter how much cooling you ask for, it just won’t provide it, and its effect on the room is practically unnoticeable. What is going on? The engine might have an error, there may be a leak that has left the circuit without any pressure.
- The air conditioner smells bad: so bad that we need to turn it off. It may be due to deficient drainage (can be fixed with a siphon) or there may be fungi in the battery.
- The air conditioner makes noise: to the point that it may be difficult to hold a conversation or it may be necessary to turn up the TV volume in order to hear it. The most common cause (though by no means, the only one) is an error in the compressor.
And this is only the top 3 of the annoyances, given that an air conditioner can fail at any time, and for many other reasons.
How to guarantee yourself a cool summer
There are only 3 ways to guarantee that your home will not be an oven this summer:
1. If there is a breakdown, you’ll fix it yourself: the reality is that you're probably not capable. Besides cleaning the filters and basic servicing for the air conditioner, the other tasks necessary require a professional.
2. If there is a breakdown, you’ll look for a technician: and without a doubt, you’ll find one, but start saving your money and patience. On the one hand, a specialist who has to come urgently can easily charge you 60 euros for a basic repair (20 for travel and 40 for one hour of labour). On the other hand, in the middle of a heatwave, you're not going to be the only one to call, and you’ll have to add your name to the queue and see when they come to your house.
3. If there is a breakdown, your maintenance service takes care of it: the old saying that the prevention is better than the cure, but applied to the topic at hand. Don't play around. Subscribe to a maintenance service that covers everything that could happen.
Full Air-Conditioning Maintenance guarantees your peace of mind
With a single service you can cover the maintenance and inspections of your air conditioning. You are charged each month in your electricity bill and it includes all of the following:
- Annual inspection of the air conditioning, including all the necessary adjustments to maximise energy efficiency so you optimise consumption and consequently the amount you pay in your electricity bill.
- Repairs and breakdowns: You have a free-phone (900 85 86 85) that you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If it is urgent, a professional accredited by Endesa will come to your home within a maximum of 3 hours.
- Travel and the first 3 hours of labour are included in the service.
- Biennial inspections in compliance with current regulations on Thermal Installations in Buildings.
And in addition to everything you see, there is also what you do not see, but we have measured: Proper maintenance of your air conditioning means reducing breakdowns to 1/3 of the usual, as well as optimising your electricity consumption and as a result, paying less on your electricity bill.