A sinister evening with your friends. A terrifying party with your children. A disquieting dinner with your workmates. In short, having a good time being frightened, the true spirit of Halloween.
Here are 5 original ideas for Halloween:
5 tricks to light up your Halloween
- LED candles. In any decoration worth its muster you can’t do without candles and candlesticks. A dim light that will bring more gloom to the atmosphere. But why LEDs? So that your party can be terrifying but also 100% safe and fireproof.
- Pay attention to shadows. This is an art in itself, and needs good taste, to change the orientation of the lights to generate shadows that you’re not used to. The next morning all you’ll have to do is rearrange everything as it was before. If you don’t quite catch what we’re talking about, take a look at the Endesa Foundation’s artistic efficient lighting projects.
- Recreate scary scenes. Fear costs nothing, anybody can feel it at any time, but we guarantee that a lamp, strategically placed on the carpet and seen through a half-open door will send shivers up the spine of all your guests.
- Lights that blink and surprise blackouts. There are many horror films that base a lot of their strategy on this. Light bulbs that fail at the worst possible moment, just as the door opens… You can do it manually (flicking a switch) or resort to a smart home solution. Nobody will dare go to the kitchen alone.
- DIY lights and handmade decorations. Search around in the drawer of Christmas decorations and get out anything that lights up. Strings of lights stuck to the walls, tiny lights in glasses decorated with bats and spider’s webs, garlands hanging on the door… and of course, a LED inside a pumpkin. Use different colours, but give priority to a blood-red shade.