Non provision of tax services by the auditor of accounts
Endesa does not contract tax advisory services with the firm that carries out the audit of its accounts.
The services provided by the Auditor during 2018 amount to those related to Audit of Accounts, as well as limited reviews of the Financial Statements and other minor services related to the Audit.
In the year 2018 the auditor has not provided tax services, nor other services distinct from those previously mentioned.
Criminal Compliance and Anti-Bribery Policy
Endesa has a solid policy framework that encompasses its values and principles in ethical matters, integrity and corporate responsibility, and establishes guidelines for the purpose of directing the activities of its collaborators, contributing to the construction of a strong ethical culture and one of compliance. The Code of Ethics and the Zero Tolerance of Corruption Plan represent the pillars of this culture, which are reinforced, among other things, by the Model of Criminal Risk Prevention of Endesa.
The Model is a system of internal management and control destined to prevent the perpetration of illicit behaviour within the business activities. The model is the formation of a structured and organic system of procedures and activities of vigilance and control suited to prevent the commission of crimes under its scope. In other words, those that could result in a criminal responsibility for the legal persons in the corporate Group.
Among the criminal risks covered by the Model are money laundering and the crime of asset stripping.
All the members of the Company are responsible for the execution and compliance with the Model. It is available on the intranet of the Company and initiatives are taken to promote its diffusion and comprehension (for example, mandatory online training).
All of the members of the organization commit to comply with the Model through declarations of express undertaking or through clauses incorporated in their labour contracts. Endesa´s General Contract Conditions for its providers also include clauses of commitment to the ethical Laws and prevention of crime.
Furthermore, the Model is supervised in a continuously by the Supervisory Committee. Internal Audit carries out periodic reviews of the adequacy of its design and functionality. The results of that supervision are elevated to the Audit and Compliance Committee that is the body responsible for the supervision of its operation and the compliance of the Model.
The Model comprises of five elements, which together guarantee an adequate control system for the prevention of criminal risks:
- Control Framework: the set of rules, processes and structures that form the basis for the development of the internal control of the organization.
- Evaluation of risks and control activities: carried out jointly by the Supervisory Committee and those responsible for the processes. Each criminal risk scenario identified relies on, at least, one control activity whose objective is to avoid that the risk materializes and to prevent that the crimes analysed arise.
- Supervisory Activities: continual monitoring in order to ensure the design and functioning thereof comply at all times with the provisions of the applicable law, analysing and resolving the incidents identified.
- Information and Communication: promotion of the necessary initiatives to ensure proper dissemination and training of staff on ethics and criminal risk prevention, thus ensuring that all members of the organization are able to properly fulfil their obligations in this regard. All the collaborators of Endesa have the obligation to communicate any violation or suspected violation of the ethics rules and the prevention of crimes through the ethics channel.
- Disciplinary System: violation of the measures contemplated in the Model and of the Company´s rules of conduct are sanctioned via the application of Endesa´s penalty regime established in the Company´s Collective Agreement.