Born in Cauderan (France) in 1940. Law Degree from University of Barcelona and Doctor Honoris Causa from the Universities of LongDistance Education, León, Gerona, Cádiz, European University of Madrid and University Ponficia Comillas.
- Practicing attorney since 1962: Partner-Chairman of the firm Roca Junyent, with offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Palma de Mallorca, Gerona, Lerida
- Customer Ombudsman for Seguros Catalana Occidente insurance company since March 1996
- Secretary/Non-Director of Banco Sabadell, of Abertis Infraestructuras, of TYPSA, of Werfenlife, S.L.
Other Boards of Directors
- Member of the Board of Directors of ACS
- Member of the Board of Directors of Aigües de Barcelona
- Professor of Constitutional Law at Universidad Pompeu Fabra Barcelona; Deputy for Barcelona and Chairman of the Catalonian Parliamentary Group in the Congress of Deputies (1977-1995).Member of the Panel that prepared the 1978 Constitution, as well as of the Commission that drafted the Statute of Autonomy of Catalonia.
- Chairman of Sociedad Económica Barcelonesa de Amigos del País
- Chairman of MNAC (Museo Nacional de Arte de Cataluña; National Museum of Art of Catalonia)