If you prefer to always view the website in English, please click here.
Born in Seville, in 1965. Degree in Law from the University of Seville. Master’s Degree in Economics and Business Management (MBA) from the IESE Business School, with Haas Business School Exchange Programme at the University of Berkeley, California.
- 2014 – 2019: Member of the Management Committee of the BBVA and Country Group Manager for Spain and Portugal
- 2015 – 2016: Chairman of the Board of Catalunya Caixa and responsible for leading its integration with BBVA
- 2011 – 2014: Central Territory Director, directing the business of private clients, Companies, Corporations and Institutions
- 2008 – 2011: Director of New Digital Business, responsible for the digital strategy and management of the BBVA Group's portfolio of digital start-ups
- 2005 – 2008: CEO of Uno-e Bank and Director of the subsidiary of BBVA Consumer Finance (Finanzia)
- 2000 – 2004: Director of Payment Methods (Cards, Merchants and ATMs), responsible for the integration of Payment Methods businesses for BBV and Argentaria
- 1998 – 2000: Commercial Director of Personal Banking and Direct Bank
- 1996 – 1998: Director of CitiGold, Personal Banking Unit
- 1995 – 1996: Director of Marketing and Multichannel Operations for Retail Clients
- 1991 – 1995: Deputy Director of the Marketing Unit
- 1988 – 1989: Commercial Department at the Paris Office
- Member of the Board of Sanitas Seguros and Chairman of the Risks Committee
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Profesor Uría Foundation since 2021
- Member of the Board of BBVA Mexico and the BBVA Bancomer Financial Group
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the BBVA Microfinance Foundation since 2020.
- 2014 – 2019: Chairman of BBVA Seguros, Director of BBVA Portugal, Member of the General Council of the Spanish Banking Association (AEB) and Member of the Management Committee of the Deposit Guarantee Fund (FGD)
- 2015 – 2016: Chairman of Catalunya Caixa, until its integration with BBVA in 2016
- 2009 – 2012: Director of the portfolio of digital start-ups owned by BBVA: Strands, Adquira, Blue Indico Investments, Solium, Rent&Tech, Globalnet and Econta.
- 2007 – 2008: Director of BBVA Finanzia
- 2004 – 2008: Member of the Board of SERVIRED and SERMEPA (now Redsys)
- 2002 – 2005: Founding Director of IBERIA CARDS