- The “Fundación Endesa Ilumina” competition is open to all photography enthusiasts that would like to photograph a monument illuminated by the Endesa Foundation
- First and second cash prizes of 2,000 and 1,000 euros respectively are up for grabs
- Participants have until the 30th of June to take part.
The Endesa Foundation, with the aim of raising awareness on the value of the artistic heritage of Spain, has launched the first edition of the amateur photography competition, “Fundación Endesa Ilumina”. The aim of this initiative is to find the best photograph taken of a monument illuminated by the Foundation, in order to raise awareness and highlight the 700+ initiatives carried out across Spain.
This competition is aimed at anyone interested in photography wishing to demonstrate their talent with a camera and to recognise the beauty of the artistic heritage of Spain illuminated by the Endesa Foundation. Participants have until the 30th of June to take part.
This competition will enable contestants to show the general public the civil and religious architectural monuments in their respective towns, which the Endesa Foundation has wanted to showcase through this initiative.
Different areas throughout Spain are home to some of the monuments illuminated by the Foundation. Participants simply have to access www.fundacionendesa.org, check the geographical location of the nearest monument, take a photograph and upload it to the website.
“Fundación Endesa Ilumina” category, in which anyone can take part, except Endesa employees.
The winner of this category will receive a cash prize of 2,000 euros. A second “Fundación Endesa Ilumina” prize of 1,000 euros will also be awarded.
- Presentation of photographs: The competition will be open from the 9th of May until the 30th of June, both inclusive.
- On-line voting: from 9th May to 30th June, both inclusive. By accessing www.fundacionendesa.org votes can be submitted for photographs, which will then be assessed by a jury.
- Jury decision: The 50 photographs that receive the most votes from users will be analysed by a group of experts who will then choose the prize winners.
- Winners: The winners of the Competition will be published on the Endesa Foundation website from the 17th of July.
A jury made up of a group of experts will choose the 1st and 2nd prize winners of the “Fundación Endesa Ilumina” competition from among the 50 photographs to receive most user votes.