The Endesa.com website has been designed following the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which enable it to be used by all users regardless of their circumstances or abilities.
AENOR has certified that the website complies with the AA accessibility level with these World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards, which cover a vast range of recommendations for creating more accessible website content. We took into account the following points when designing the website:
- Font size: the system enables the font size to be selected to make it easier for users to read, increasing or decreasing the font size from the browser they are using.
- Images and graphics: all the graphic elements have a label or text equivalent that describes the information contained therein. The decorative images are totally dispensable for understanding the content.
- Technical features that enable data tables to be read: data tables have header identifiers and other technical characteristics for their data to be interpreted correctly by screen readers.
- Contrast ratio: the content has the correct contrast ratio between the font colour and the background colour based on the characteristics of the text.
- Design and browsing: the website design has been created with the aim of providing a coherent browsing experience, regardless of the way it is used and to adapt to the screens of all types of devices.
- Browsing knowledge: users are informed of the content they are going to visit, together with the language thereof, so they can decide beforehand whether they wish to visit it.
- Compatibility with browsers: Endesa.com is compatible with the current version and main earlier versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari.
- Toolbar to facilitate access to contents: technical help designed to help people with visual impairments. It enables the website to be personalised by modifying the font size, contrast, colour filters, zoom, etc.
Endesa therefore meets the W3C recommendations, which indicate that new or updated content should comply with the WCAG 2.0 and that website accessibility policies should refer to these.
For any queries or comments concerning the website’s accessibility, we have created a specific mailbox on the Endesa.com contact page.