Born in Lisbon (Portugal) in 1960. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from the Catholic University of Portugal (1982).
CEO of Cimpor - Cimentos de Portugal (2010-2012), Independent Director of EDP Renováveis (2008-2012); Executive Director Millennium BCP (2000- 2008), Deputy CEO of Bank Millennium, Poland (2001-2003); responsible for various banks in Central and Eastern Europe (2001-2007) and Investment Banking in Portugal (2006-2007); CEO of Banco Mello (1993-2000).
- Chairman & CEO of CTT - Portuguese Mail Services
- Chairman of CTT Bank
Other Boards of Directors
- Chairman of CTT Expresso
- Chairman of Tourline Express
- Director of Portuguese Communications Foundation
- Member of the General Council of the Naval Club of Cascais
- Member of the Portuguese Trilateral Commission
- Chairman of Cotec Portugal
- Director of IPC - International Post Corporation