Born in Rome (Italy), in 1955 and he is graduated in nuclear engineering at the Milan Polytechnic Institute.
He started his career as analyst for the security of the electronuclear plants at Nira Ansaldo (from 1981 to 1982) and he performed from 1982 to 1987 several executive management positions in Italy, the United States, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the Arab Emirates, in the company Sae Sadelmi, which was part of the General Electric group. From 1987 to 2000, he worked for ABB and then Alstom Powers Corporation, where he was also chief executive officer of ABB Combustion Engineering Italia (from 1997 to 1998) and later (from 1998 to 2000) he was senior vice president for the global and turnkey systems sales for the gas turbine division. He joined the Enel Group in 2000, where he performed several management positions of highvisibility, including the office of chief of the “business power” area (from July 2002 to October 2005), the chief of market division (from November 2005 to September 2008) and also the office of general manager and chief executive officer of Enel Green Power (to October 2008 to May 2014). Member of the Board of Directors of Enel from May 2014.
- Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Enel
- Chairman of Enel Iberia, S.R.L.
- Vice Chairman of Endesa, S.A.
- Chairman of Eurelectric (2017, June)
- Member of the Board of Directors of United Nations Global Compact (2015, May)
- Member of the Advisory Board of “Sustainable Energy 4 All” initiative of the United Nations (2014, June)
- Member of the Fulbright Management Board (2012, November)
- Member of the Advisory Board Milan Polytechnic (2014, January)
- Vice-Chairman of the Italy-Japan Foundation (2011, February)
- Member of the Advisory Board Human Foundation (2014, June)
- Member of the Corporate Advisory Board of Luiss University (2015, March)
- Member of the Board of the IIT Foundation, Italian Institute of Technology (2015, February)
- Member of the Multi-stakeholder Platform on the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the EU (2017, September)
- Co-President of the B20 Climate & Resource Efficiency Task Force (2016, october)
- Member of the Advisory Board Confindustria (2016, May) and Member of the General Council (2015, May)
- Co-President of the Energy Utilities and Energy Tecnologies Community of the World Economic Forum (2016, January) and Member of the International Businness Council of the WEF (2016, February)