Born in Madrid (Spain), 1956. He studied Law at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. In the United States, he broadened his training in International Relations and Foreign Trade at New York University and at the firm Philip Brothers.
Vice Chairman of Enersis, S.A. (2013-2015); Chairman of Mediobanca for Spain and Latin America (2007-2014); Director of Endesa and Endesa Chile (2007-2009); Vice Chairman of Lazard Asesores Financieros, S.A. (1999-2007); Director of Rothschild España (1995- 1999); Vice Chairman of UBS Spain (1989-1994); Chairman of Almagro Asesoramiento e Inversiones, S.A (1987 to today); Fomento de Comercio Exterior (Focoex) (1980-1988).
- Chairman of Endesa, S.A.
- Chairman of the Endesa Foundation
- Chairman of Global Coverage of Mediobanca
- Member of Grupo Español de la Comisión Trilateral
Other Boards of Directors
- Director of Enel Iberia, S.R.L.
- Director of Peninsula Capital
- Mediaset España Comunicación, S.A.
Honorary Vice-Chairman of the Spanish Energy Club