Knowing the outlook for its stakeholders is a cornerstone of Endesa's sustainability strategy.Over the past year, there has been significant progress in managing the Company's relations with its stakeholders. Endesa has conducted several internal and external opinion polls via telephone interview campaigns, focus groups and detailed interviews. The Company has provided responses and maintained fluid relations with the leading analysts responsible for creating the most relevant sustainability indexes in the world.
The Company's approach in this respect is not limited to the corporate environment. In this context, Endesa is a pioneer, identifying the worries and concerns of its stakeholders in all countries in which it operates. In the analyses conducted in 2012, Endesa consulted public opinion through questionnaires and established a solid process of dialogue with leading individuals within the field of sustainability and social responsibility in all countries where it operates. This aim was to identify areas for improvement and understand the key challenges the Company faces, and thus integrate these in its management models.
Advantages of actively managing stakeholder engagement:
- Facilitates greater management of risk and reputation.
- Allows for opportunities for improvement and business.
- Builds trust between the Company and its stakeholders and, therefore, the Company's ties.
- Informs, educates and influences stakeholders and the business world to improve their decision-making processes and actions that affect companies and society.
- Leads to more balanced and sustainable social development by providing an opportunity to participate in decision-making processes to those who have a right to be heard.
- Builds synergies. The combination of resources that resolve problems and fulfil targets that organisations would not be able to achieve by themselves.
- Meets regulatory requirements (AA1000 2008).