• Endesa installs its millionth smart meter in Spain.
• Endesa accompanies the Prince and Princess of Asturias on their visit to the construction site of the El Hierro hydro-wind plant.
• Endesa’s Cas Tresorer plant's environmental management systems are ISO 14001-certified by AENOR. March
• Endesa’s Customer Ombudsman celebrates its 10th anniversary, handling more than 10,000 cases.
• Endesa reaches the 507 electric vehicle recharging point mark. Two new recharging stations are opened at Opel’s plant in Figueruelas, stemming from the companies’ e-mobility partnership agreement.
• Endesa adds 384,000 new customers in Latin America.
• Smartcity Málaga wins the Living Labs Global Award 2012.
• Endesa’s Ceuta diesel plant is awarded EMAS certificate.
• The president of Galicia's regional government and Endesa’s chairman visit the As Pontes mine to mark the completion of its restoration.
• The Generation Control System in the Canary Islands is opened.
• The entire share capital of Irish company Endesa Ireland is sold. • Endesa signs an agreement to sponsor the Spanish national basketball team and the 2014 World Cup.
• Endesa signs up to the “Companies for a society free of domestic violence” initiative.
• Endesa opens the beach of the As Pontes lake to the public.
• Endesa installs Spain's first energy storage plant in the Canary Islands.
• The 2012-2013 Endesa basketball league has a spectacular launch with a slam dunk contest and three-point shootout.
• The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has Endesa and Enel again as global leaders in sustainability.
• Endesa opens a new office on Avenida Vilanova in Barcelona.
• Endesa Educa offers new visits and 3D content and extends activities to pupils in 3rd and 4th of primary.
• Endesa Chairman Borja Prado wins the Tiepolo 2012 award for his contribution to the development of economic and commercial relations between Italy and Spain.
• Informe Reporta, which evaluates the quality of publicly available information reported by listed companies to stakeholders, gives Endesa the highest rating of all IBEX 35 companies.
• Endesa wins three of the annual OHS awards at the 5th edition of the International Health and Safety Week organised by the Enel Group.
• Endesa opens Latin America’s first smart city, in Brazil.
• Endesa presents wireless fast charging for electric vehicles for the first time in Spain.
• Endesa in Colombia is certified as a family-responsible company.
• Enersis shareholders back the proposal by Endesa to increase capital.
• The Endesa League holds a charity day event the slogan “Score a tripe against child malnutrition”.
• The installation of 75 electric vehicle charging points in Seville is completed.